Wednesday, May 21, 2014

USANA Mentorship: Treat Your USANA Business Like a "Business."

I am sure you have heard the statement over and over: "If you want success in USANA, you need to start treating USANA like a business instead of a hobby."  




I can see that this statement is helpful to people on surface, because when you analyze its meaning it sends the message to people on the right attitude to have.  However, what is treating your business like a business?  I can go into the daily things you need and I have in these trainings as well as our Integritas Group courses that are found in the paid membership levels of our system; however, that doesn't address the mental attitude you need to have towards USANA which is what is held in the essence of the statement above.

Let me explain this way:  I was having a conversation with a downline the other day about the difference between full-time and part-time in USANA.  I think a lot of part-timers have their normal every day jobs and then build USANA on the side.  A lot of the full-timers can relate to this, because a lot of us have been here before.  I think one of the things that the part-timers forget is that our USANA businesses IS our livelihood and it's how WE as full-timers make our living.  Yes.  A lot of the income is passive income, we have a lot of free time, because of the lifestyle it affords us. A lot of us make good money, but we have a bills and expenses like everyone else.  I bring this up, because the way we "full-timers" look at USANA is probably completely different.

When people in my team or our Road To Gold Focus Groups get feedback from me they may think at times that: "he's harsh."  By no means do I think people dislike me, but I am sure I upset people at times when I give them honest feedback on what I feel they need to do to build their business.  I have always said to my downline over the years this statement: "I would rather you hate me and getting checks than thinking I am a great guy while getting 'goose eggs'."  I am not a parent, but many parents in USANA have explained to me that my leadership is like good parenting.  You have to make tough decisions, give feedback, or create standards that your children aren't always going to like, but in the end it's what is best for them.
So I often see people in USANA do things in this business that they would never do at their jobs (because it's the way they make a living and they don't want to jeopardize that):

1) Letting drama get the better of them and spreading it.

2) Disregarding the tasks for the week, because they are "tired" or "other things came up" or letting fear take over instead of having a "make-it-happen" attitude.

3) Assuming their upline or mentor is obligated to help them and always be there "when they feel like building the business."

and list goes on....

Even good people (and great USANA downline) do these things at times and its this type of work ethic that keeps your income down in USANA.   Believe me, the full-timers in USANA aren't asking you to do something they haven't done themselves.

So, when people say "treat your USANA business like a 'business'," you should have a better perspective on what that means.  The difference between part-timers who will get to a full-time income and part-timers who never go anywhere is your attitude.  Don't forget that the full-timers look at USANA like you look at your job as far as they'll livelihood.  I don't know; maybe you don't look at your job that way.  But as far as having money coming in, the full-time group takes their USANA business very seriously, because like any business, you have to run it like a business.  

If you want to step up to a higher income in USANA, think about what I have said here. After thought, if you want to get some stuff done then, do this:

1) Log into Integritas Group.  (Get at least a Free Entry Level account if you don't have one)

2) Click on Training, then Resources on the left, then click on Miscellaneous.

3) Download the USANA Bootcamp, The 5-2-2, and Road To Gold Activity Form.

No comments:

Post a Comment